What is the Western Canadian Centre for Deaf Studies?
WCCDS is an organization that partners with community agencies and other invested stakeholders in order to enhance current community capacity. More specifically, WCCDS works within the following four core areas:
- Program support for training and educational access
- Leadership and liaison
- Community resource
What are the main activities of Western Canadian Centre for Deaf Studies?
- Support the activities of the David Peikoff Chair of Deaf Studies in the area of research and education.
- Advocate for the admission of deaf and hard of hearing students into post-secondary programs.
- Facilitate workshops, courses, and similar educational activities relevant to the needs of professionals working with Deaf and hard of hearing people.
- Cooperate with the Deaf and hard of hearing community where there is an agreed upon need for WCCDS to play a public advocacy role in keeping with the mandate of the centre.
- Conduct contracted research.
Click the logo to visit the website