Connect Society helps Deaf and Hard of Hearing children, adults and their families become full participants in society. Our family-focused approach supports our clients so they can fulfill their goals and achieve success. Join our team of like-minded individuals who work every day to improve the lives of those we serve.
ASL Instructors needed
START DATE: As Soon As Possible
- Interested in helping families learn ASL?
- A native ASL user or competent ASL user?
- Available some evenings or weekends?
- Reliable and committed?
- Available for training August 28th and 29th?
- Nyla Kurylowich at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building Blocks training (how to provide literacy with families)
- August 28th & 29th , 9:00-4:00
- Compensation and lunch provided
- MUST register through Nyla
SSP Program Manager
Deadline for Applications is August 31 – or until filled
With funding from the Government of Alberta, Connect Society will operate a one-year demonstration (pilot) project offering Support Service Provider (SSP) services in Edmonton, Alberta for a select number of DeafBlind people. It is hopeful that the success of this project will result in ongoing, permanent funding for a province-wide service. The efforts of the Program Manager will be key to our success.
- Must be functionally fluent in ASL and English
- Developing program and service goals, objectives and implementing action plans
- Managing people, and working in a dynamic team environment
- Researching and developing policies and procedures to effectively run a service or program
- Networking and creating community partnerships to promote service or program
- Effectively interacting with service/program consumers to promote usage, address concerns and improve service quality and delivery
- Monitoring service metrics and writing reports
- The unique and diverse services that support independence for DeafBlind persons
- The daily, lived experience of DeafBlind persons – considering the different effects the age of onset for the vision or hearing loss can have
- DeafBlind Culture
- Postsecondary education an asset
35 hours/week salaried position ideally commencing in early Sep 2018. Terms of salary and benefits will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Nicole Palmer – Executive Assistant
FULL-TIME SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST - EDMONTON, AB
CLOSING DATE: September 7, 2018
START DATE: October 1, 2018
Connect Society’s Early Intervention Program requires a half-time Speech Language Pathologist to provide assessment, consultation and some centre-based intervention services (language groups) with children aged birth to 3½ and their families. Most of our children have a diagnosed hearing loss, and have language delays related to their hearing loss. These children may also have other developmental delays or complex medical issues. Our program also accepts hearing children of deaf parents. The program focuses on child development with an emphasis on language acquisition. Programming is play-based and family-focused, requiring a high level of team work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology;
- The successful applicant must be registered or eligible to be registered with the
Alberta College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (ACSLPA);
- Current CPR and First Aid; and
- Clear Criminal Record and Intervention Checks.
15 to 20 hours per week, flexible schedule, Monday to Friday, between 8:30 a.m.– 4:00 p.m.
- $38.00 – $42.00 per hour, based on education and experience;
- Incredible work environment – cooperative, fun, inclusive, & inspiring;
- Flexible work hours; and
- ASL training available
Program Manager, Early Intervention Program
Telephone: (780) 454-9581 ext. 226
We would love to hear from you! Below you will find contact information for Connect Society. Feel free to contact us either by phone, e-mail, or through our online contact form at the bottom of this page.
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Edmonton (780) 454-9581
Calgary (403) 828-1937
Edmonton (587) 921-3478
Calgary (403) 828-1937
6240 – 113 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T6H 3L2
4631 85 Street NW
Calgary, Alberta T3B 2R8
© 2018 Connect Society