Catalogue of items up for bid:
Community Living Support Services
Community Living Support Services provides service to adults who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing and have a developmental disability. Community Living Support Services actively encourages individuals to participate in community, whether they live in our residence or in their own homes.
The Community Living Support Services staff possess expertise in the areas of Deafness, functional communication and rehabilitation.
The Community Living Support Services Team utilizes a holistic program approach.
Who qualifies for the program?
- Adults who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing and have a developmental disability
What does the program offer?
Opportunities for Growth
- Person-centred approach provides integrated opportunities to develop language, communication and social skills in natural environments
- Growth in personal self-esteem and self-confidence
- Recognition of personal abilities and strengths that contribute to community life
- Enhanced social and emotional coping skills provide the groundwork for increasing network possibilities.
- A priority is to develop a greater sense of autonomy and independence as well as make informed decisions about their lives. This fosters…
- Increased awareness of their individual rights and responsibilities as valued citizens
- Life skills training is provided in-home based on individual needs, including menu planning and preparation, personal budgeting and household responsibilities
- Assistance accessing community resources for medical, financial, vocational and recreational needs